WE HELP YOUTHS GET AN EDUCATION
We offer personalized, caring, dedicated coaching to low-income young adults, alongside tuition assistance, academic advisement, enrollment assistance, and emotional support. Our team has more than twenty years of experience in this area
The Purpose of Edu-Tech
Why We Decided To Help Young Students In Need
While at an educational event, a homeless high school student asked Dr. Charles Barker if he could help her get into college. Initially, Dr. Barker did not know how to respond, because he had no experience in doing so. After thinking about his core values, beliefs and the person he had become, he immediately responded…Yes, I can help you get into college, and I will. Seeing the young student’s face light up with hope sparked a flame in Dr. Barker. Not knowing how he would accomplish the goal, he kept his focus on one of his core values, “If a child wants to better themselves and ask for my help, I will never say no.”
This core value drove Dr. Barker to look deep within himself, asking a series of questions:
– How can I truly help this student?
– What resources do I need to do so?
– How do I and others contact this homeless teenager?
– What will the process entail?
– Where will the money come from?
– Where do I begin?
Realizing the extraordinary task, he partnered with his wife and experienced educator, Dr. Sheila Barker, to accomplish the goal. Together the Barkers spent countless hours, interviewing the homeless student, placing phone calls to college administrators, driving to multiple college campuses throughout Georgia, writing and responding to e-mails, forwarding text and fax documents, in addition to attending various academic functions.
Several months later, the student was admitted to Savannah State University, and has since graduated with honors.
Helping someone succeed, who had lost hope is extremely rewarding; especially, when you are not sure how to help. This is why we created Edu-Tech Enterprises, Inc., so people who want to help, but don’t have the time to run errands, make phone calls, or visit campuses can still help deserving students in need.
We help deserving underprivileged students because it helps us live life with a greater purpose. Beyond our success as professionals, we want to know we have helped others in need by truly living our core values and beliefs. By doing this, we feel better about ourselves when making positive changes in the lives of others. In short, we believe helping others is one of the best ways to be happy and live a fulfilled life. That is why we are committed to helping young underprivileged students.
Dr. Charles E. Barker, Sr.
Dr. Charles E. Barker, Sr. is the Executive Director of Edu-Tech Enterprises, Inc. where the objective of this non-profit organization is to identify homeless children and youth by assisting them in reaching their dreams of pursuing a post secondary education. While working with the Georgia Department of Education, Dr. Barker has provided guidance and technical assistance to Homeless Education Programs throughout the State of Georgia.
Dr. Barker’s experiences in education include his work as a Teacher, High School Counselor, Elementary, Middle, and High School Administrator. He has also worked as a College Administrator, and Associate Professor. Additionally, he worked as a Senior Correctional Treatment Specialist with the Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Prisons. He also worked as an Intake Drug Abuse Counselor with the Georgia Department of Mental Health.
Dr. Barker is a member of several professional organizations to include The Governor’s Office for Children and Families (CSEC) Task Force and a member of the Higher Education Committee for the National Association For The Education of Homeless Children And Youth (NAEHCY).
Dr. Sheila H. Barker
Dr. Sheila H. Barker has 41 years of experience as an educator in elementary, middle, high school, and on college / university levels. Her qualifications and service areas include that of a teacher, Title I Contact Lead Teacher, Curriculum Specialist, Assistant Principal, Principal, Principal Mentor (Central/Administrative Office Staff), Certified Data Collector, and Educational Consultant.
Dr. S. H. Barker has vast professional experiences in the educational field, with notable mentions with the following: served as an on-site evaluator for the Georgia Accreditation Commission, Danforth Foundation Principal Initiative Participant in San Francisco, California; Project L.E.A.D. Participant in New York, New York; and Principals’ Institute Participant in Glocestershire, England.
Dr. S. H. Barker is a member of many professional and social organizations.
Charles E. Barker, Jr. B.S., M.A.
- Assistant Principal (Dekalb County Schools)
- Eighteen years as a certified teacher
- Leadership Team Member (Dekalb County Schools)
- Former Manager, Department of Labor, Atlanta Job Corps, Atlanta, Georgia;
- Real Estate Appraisers Network
- Coach and mentor to under priviledge youth in athletics
Charlton H. Barker
- Manger of Marketing Technology and Information Management Group, Georgia Power Company
- Data Management and Analytics Manager, The Southern Company
- Systems Analyst in Generation I.T.
- Coach and mentor for children from early childhood to high school
Larissa H. Barker
- Ten years experience as an educator
- Elementary and High School Conselor (Atlanta Public Schools)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree – Clark Atlanta University
- M.A. Degree in Curriculum and Instruction – Central Michigan
- Specialist Degree in Educational Leadership – Cambridge College
Elizabeth H. Tasker
Mrs. Tasker received her Bachelor of Science Degree from Albany State College in the field of education, with further studies at Fort Valley State College. She is a retired teacher with 30 years of dedicated/distinguished service with the Bibb County Board of Education.
Mrs. Tasker has received numerous awards and recognition for service provided in promoting student success.
Angellise T. Spears
- Mrs. Spears recieved her Bachelor of Arts Degree from Spelman College.
- She has worked with Bibb County School System since 2006.
- She is presently employed as an educator at the Vineville Academy of the Arts
- Mrs. Spears has recieved numerous awards in serving the Bibb County Community, as well as, in the Metropolitan Atlanta Area.
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism – Fort Valley State Iniversity
- Completing Masters Degree in Education – Columbus State University
- Member at Leadership Team – Clayton County Schools
- Partners in Education Committee – Douglass County Schools
- Board Member, Karen Daves Ministries, Harvest International Inc.
Dr. Karmelita Harvey
- B.S. Degree in Psychology, Chemistry and Biology – Xavier University at Louisiana
- M.A. Degree in Early Childhood Education – Clark Atlanta University
- Specialist Degree in Educational Leadership Administration – Lincoln Memorial University
- Doctorial Degree in Curriculum and Instruction – Lincoln Memorial University
- In addition to being an experienced educator, she also works with Educational Testing Services (ETS) and an associate supervisor for SAT.